Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Completed four lectures...

Now I am getting a more accurate look at the time involved in creating the LECTURES themselves. (It looks like this first year I am "only" going to be able to TRY to publish a working set of Video Lectures..... The interactive Flash files and Puzzlers will likely have to wait for NEXT year/Summer)

Here is what my lesson screen looks like so far:

Time spent since last blog entry:

15.5 hours on Lecture 3.3
20.5 hours on Lecture 3.4
8.66 hours on OTHER related stuff (such as online testing and adding some features to the lessons, after getting recommendations from people who are trying out the lessons)

Here is an example breakdown of where the time goes:

Lecture 3.3 is a 5-section, 22 minute lecture:
    (1) Writing the script - 74 minutes
    (2) Record and Edit Voice Over - 1hr 50 min
    (3) Screen Capture Rough Video (on Intewrite) - 6 hrs total
    (4) Video Edit in Premiere & After Effects - 5hrs 20 min
    (5) Flash programming, Web page update - 2hrs 20 min

I have been recording my work time with a stopwatch (cellphone) to get an accurate idea of just exactly how much time I am spending. I only record time that I am actually sitting in front of the computer and diligently working.... I do was not counting thinking time, discussing time, or time that I walk away from the computer while it is batch processing the video files.

It also took me 3 hrs and 30 minutes to create/transcribe notes for Unit 1 that I am going to start recording TODAY (hopefully).... Transcribing notes means making these two .pdf files from my hand-written notes. (1)  (2)

Total Time: 45 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment