Monday, June 17, 2013

In "the groove"

It has taken all of this time to develop a "system" in which I can enter a basic physics question that allows students to interact with it in a way that can be similar to a test/quiz situation, but using the computer to make the experience more interactive.

With my "puzzler" set up it took me about four hours today, start-to-finish, to realize a multiple-step problem that includes graphics, text questions, and graphics/text draggers.



It is easiest to type out the question set on MS Word (including each subquestion) Then I type out the draggers/dots for each test question. Then I number all of the draggers/dots and write the legitimate choices for each subscene. If necessary I go into Photoshop and create any required new images. I import the images into Flash Builder and turn them into Action Script classes.

This question (above) took four hours. So, for now, I'll assume an average of four hours to develop new questions.

Time: 4 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment