Friday, June 28, 2013

My Voice Over SECRET WEAPON

The past couple of days I have been working on VOICE OVER for my videos.

I am about to bring out my "secret weapon" when it comes to voice overs... My daughter.

She is only 12 years old but she has already had some experience, especially with working with her Girl Scout Troup, in doing PSAs (Public Service Announcements). The girls did a project earlier this year where then went to for several days to record some SWEET sounding announcements that were actually played over local radio stations. (We are lucky to have Modesto Sound Studio based at a nearby High School.)  I was blown away when she brought home a CD that they created.

So I put together a SCRIPT for my first video (it was four pages long, typed, and font 12). I found that my daughter is very capable at READING and ENUNCIATING the lines. Of course she has a cute little girl voice as well.

Her clear girl voice juxtaposed with Physics jargon may be just another great "hook" for my students. (I KNOW that my students get SOOOOOOOO tired of listening to ME talking all-of-the-time... So why not mix-it-up!?)


No comments:

Post a Comment