Monday, April 29, 2013

Made Some Changes - after having a few people test drive the activity

I had a few people try out the Unit3_1 activity and take it for a "test drive." I have to remember that the people USING the software are just doing their best to try it out... If there are problems with them using the software it is MY job to fix it and make it work BETTER for them. We all know that students can be picky and they might use any excuse to get out of doing the homework.

Changes I made:

(1) I updated the log in page to get rid of some of the chalk text to make it more clear and easy to read (I removed some text and wrote smaller).

(2) During the two test questions following the objective page the text input box easily lost focus... and the student was not able to just "click" on the text box and keep typing. Basically the student would be in the middle of typing and, for reasons unknown to them, the cursor would just LEAVE the text box and disappear on them. Very confusing. I am not sure why it does this but I just added an "enterFrameHandler" listening event that just resets the _stage focus to the input text field every time the frame updates. (The program updates the frame at a rate of 60 fps.) This means that the focus is continuously set to the input text box regardless of what the student happens to click on.

(3) When students had to click/drag the yellow vectors to the correct dots almost EVERYONE was confused. I helped make this task easier by re-doing all of the vector and dot graphics. I used MULITI-COLOR and a SMALLER CHALK BRUSH for higher definition/cleaner images. Here is the result:

Time: 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment