Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Completed Flash Lessons

A couple weeks ago I purchased two books on Flash and Action Script programming. Today I have finally completed them.

The Game Design book finished with how to make bigger games (multi-level), use Physics (yay!), Loops, Arrays, and Sounds. I think I have a good foundation to push on and try to make my own interactive tutorials now. (This was the last 150 pages and took about 5 hours to get through.)

The "Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Classroom in a Book" was a 20 hour, 10-Lesson class on how to use Adobe Flash Professional. It included tutorial files for each lesson as well as two hours of DVD videos. I now have a better idea of what Flash can do. (There is a "paintbrush" tool in there that paints fire animation!) It might even be possible to play my videos through Flash (although I am not sure of the technical difficulties in doing that. It may be far easier just to put my videos on Vimeo and have my students access them from there.)

Right now I am using Adobe Muse to create the web page while using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for the visuals. I can program the interactive tutorials using Action Script 3.0 in Adobe Flash Builder then wrap those up with Flash Professional. The Flash Professional .sws files can be embedded in the Adobe Muse web pages, along with my videos.

Big chunk of time spent here.
It takes time to develop the skills/knowledge necessary to draw from.

Time: 23 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment