Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Purchased Programming Books (for games)

I was so impressed with Adobe Flash Pro CS6 and I am so excited about the possibilities that it represents that I purchased two programming books to help me get started as soon as possible and with the minimum amount of frustration.


(1) Foundation Game Design With Action Script 3.0
     This book is made for absolute BEGINNERS. It takes you through the basics of Object Oriented Programming. I think it will be a good refresher for me. Also, there is a slight possibility that Little Colby (my daughter) might find some of this interesting (she loves LOVES making games)

(2) Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Classroom in a Book
     This book, in contrast, focuses exclusively on the Adobe software itself. When going through some of the ONLINE tutorials I found them easy to follow.... However, the Adobe Flash Pro application is very deep and rich in content. It is easy to get lost (ie: to forget) where things are in the menus, etc. I need something I can hold on to and mark up (highlite) and put sticky notes in so that I can easily re-find what I need. (I am a book person... I like books.... Trying to flip back-n-forth betwen browser tutorials and the actual application gets to be a pain sometimes.)

Cost: $60
Time: 1 hour


No comments:

Post a Comment