Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Starting The Web Page - School District Server

With the help of a colleague at work I was able to set up a basic web page on our school district server. (it is not live yet).

However, the page, so far, only allows me to do basic "tweaks" and set up simple frames, text boxes, etc. It is not suitable for the monumental task that I have before me. (I will need ftp access so I can just upload my web content directly from my hard drive. On my finished product I am planning on having many sub-pages, videos, pdf files, and who knows how many flash files....)

Hopefully the district server will work for me. (I would hate to have to find web hosting somewhere else)

On another note: I have upgraded my HOME internet access to 12mps up from 3mps that I have had for ten years now. This should help with file transfers.

Time: 1.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment