Friday, March 29, 2013

more programming tutorial - Made a simple game

Besides the introduction to Adobe Illustrator that I did earlier today, for the past few days I have been working my way through the Game Design book and am now at the end of Chapter 7, page 455.

Since making the Number Guessing Game a couple days ago I have learned more about: Chapter 5 - controlling the character/screen, Chapter 6 - how to handle the character "bumping in to things", and Chapter 7 - making a graphic game with all of the components.

In this Bomb Diffusing Game the player has ten seconds to maneuver around a room full of boxes trying to clear five bombs:

The author, Rex van der Spuy, has been doing a good job of introducing new concepts, then giving us practice using them. Later he will then  reference previous concepts, leaving JUST ENOUGH OUT to let the reader fill in the gaps with prior knowledge (sometimes I was flipping back a couple chapters to look-up methods that I was shown earlier.) In other words: he does a good job of keeping the reader involved and LEARNING.

There are less than 200 pages left in this book and I am feeling capable of trying to put together my own, simple interactive Physics tutorials.

Time: 5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment