Saturday, March 16, 2013

What Software Will I Be Using?

My Adobe software is a decade old and it will not run on Windows 7.

The Solution: Adobe Creative Cloud - Today I signed up for the “1 month trial version” of Adobe Creative Cloud. I will be using this until April when I am planning on purchasing the educator/student version.

Will it be worth it? Yes.

For the monthly subscription fee you get access to every single Adobe program for creating videos, illustrations, working with photos, sound files, print and pdf documents, animations, creating web sites, and even flash files.

I am excited!

You can bet that I will be blogging about each program as I try them out. In the past I have used a handful of their products so I have some experience with Adobe. Having access to several-thousand- dollars-worth of professional quality software is simply mind boggling to this public school teacher!

In this image you can see that I have downloaded and started my trial with Adobe Muse, a new program made for designers to quickly create web pages. (more on that later)

Adobe Application Manager


Notes about the cost of Adobe Creative Cloud:

(1) I am starting with the one month free trial for now. In order to do this I had to LOG OFF at the screen where they asked you which version you wanted (they gave two paying options). About 12 hours later I received an email from Adobe welcoming me to the “trial version.”

(2) In a few weeks I will be upgrading to the “Student and Teacher Edition” that will be offered for $19.95 until April 7th. (They say the normal price is $30/month for this verison)

(3)If you are not an educator/student your monthly subscription fee will be higher (Currently it is listed as $49.99 per month.)

Time: 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment