Saturday, March 16, 2013

New Pen/Tablet


I will be spending many hours using artistic/creative based programs for working on the web page and creating videos. This will require the creation of images/diagrams as well. I will also be capturing video of my lectures while I am writing on the computer. I already have a Mobi and software but I will need something to work with at home on my laptop.

After about an hour of searching online and looking at reviews I have ordered the Wacom Bamboo Capture Pen and Touch Tablet for about $80 (free shipping). I have decided to go with the “Capture” instead of the larger “Create” because (a) The Create is almost twice the price of the “Capture” and (b) I am partial to the smaller size of the Capture… I am not that great of an artist to need the details of the larger pad AND I think the smaller tablet will be more easy to place on my desk. I chose the “Capture” instead of the lower-priced “Splash” because I am interested in the dual-point touch features of the Capture that let you “zoom/scroll/rotate/swipe.”

UPDATE: After working with the "Capture" for several months I would now recommend the less expensive "Splash." It will save you about 20 bucks. I have found that I never actually USE the "zoom/scroll/rotate/swipe" capabilities of the Capture (it is easier to use the built-in mouse pad on my laptop to do the same thing.)

Time: 1.5 hours
Expenses: $80

No comments:

Post a Comment