Friday, April 12, 2013

My FIRST ColbysWorld Flash File

I have successfully posted a running Flash file with the first steps designed for my project.

Here is what the running file looks like so far:


milestones passed with this posting:

(1) I have completed the Photoshop tweaking of the "frame" border to something that will most likely be a working format. (I added a "rubber bumper" around the border, a metallic/worked texture to the border, and the name tag has texture/drop shadow)

(2) Wrote my first 100 lines of Action Script for my project.

(3) embedded the frame and blackboard .png images. (embedding means to make the item an actual part of the .sws flash file itself so that the images do not have to be saved separately and stored in some other location on my server.)

(4) embedded the chalk Font. (If I don't embed the font then computers will likely use some default font, risking the project to come out not looking correct. Words could be too big, off-centered, etc. Plus, I like the chalk-looking font.)

(5) successfully displayed, formatted, and centered a text field.

(6) was able to get my flash file to post on colbysworld.net

NOTE: The word "DENNIS1" is an example of what a log-in name will look like. I want the student's names to be posted like this to help me monitor them while they are in the computer lab. I plan on making all log-in names exactly seven characters long.

Time: 4.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment